The recent Google Chrome update contained a bug that prevents Wave.video from working well on Windows. Basically, due to this bug in the Chrome browser, Wave.video might crash. We are very sorry this happened and hope that Google will fix the issue as soon as possible.
We recommend using a different browser, like Firefox or Edge. In case it's not possible, here's a workaround.
What you can do
In order to continue creating videos in Wave.video using Google Chrome, please follow these steps.
- Go to slimjet.com and download the Chrome version 71.0.3578.80. Please choose the version for your Windows 32-bit or 64-bit.
2. Uninstall Google Chrome (this is important!)
3. Run the installer you downloaded on step 1.
4. When the installer finishes, it will launch Chrome. Quit it right away! Otherwise, it will update itself again.
5. Open Task Manager and kill all the processes that have Chrome in their name. Here's how to open Task Manager on Windows.
6. Delete the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update (for 64bit)
C:\Program Files\Google\Update (for 32bit)
7. Launch Chrome.
8. In Google Chrome, go to Settings > Help > About Chrome and double check that you have the correct version and it won't update itself.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com in case you have any questions.